Monday, July 30, 2007

The Northwoods Beat: Only 2 Weeks Left!

Okay. I'll admit it. I was on vacation for a week and I was taking some classes so I sorta let my attention slip. When I finally settled back into my real life and looked at the standings my first though was, "Where in the hell did Madison come from?" Over the last couple of weeks the Mallards have put together an 11-2 record including a current 6-game winning streak. That has put them right in the hunt for the South Division second-half title along with Eau Claire and the Wisconsin Woodchucks. Sadly, my La Crosse Loggers (What? I'm supposed to be unbiased?) have sunk to 6-15, the worst record in the league. How do you have the most All-Stars and the worst record? No pitching.

In the North, it appears that Duluth may be running away with it, but there are several teams within striking distance. We may see a mad streak (winning OR losing) decide the fate of the North during these last couple of weeks.

Hmm...the Loggers play in Eau Claire this coming Sunday. I think I feel a road trip coming on.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm an Express fan, myself. Did you make it to the game last night? I may head to tonight's.

"Where in the hell did Madison come from?"....too true! I keep having the same thought. I'm sending lots of good vibes to Green Bay right now, that's for sure.

The Northwoods Wanderer said...

Yeah, I was there on Sunday night. Painful game, but what a great time. By the way, what the hell is Trax (the mascot)? Is he a beaver?

I'm definitely going to try to get back up there for a playoff game.

Ty - the Northwoods Wanderer