It’s hard to be unhappy with the Twins performance this year when you consider that last year they were sitting at 7-11, the exact opposite of this year’s record. And how can you complain when the team is in first place in the division, tied with
It doesn’t help that there are question marks about when Rondell White and Luis Castillo will be able to return and how effective they will be. Or that Ron Gardenhire wants a third catcher (a natural result of
- Jesse Lund of Twinkietown has a look at Alexi Casilla, aka L'il Luis.
- "It takes two to tango and two to mambo/But you can do it all with just one Bombo"
- So any talk of resigning Torii might be moot, since there's the possibility he'll be ineligible for three years. At least he'll take Mike Sweetney with him.
- Brian Meehan of the Oregonian tells the story of how Pat Neshak became "Sideshow Pat". And Jonah Keri of ESPN.com has an interview with the submariner from Brooklyn Park
- If there's one reason to lament the advent of contacts and Lasik, it's the effect it's had on baseball players' eye wear.
- Finally, if you're looking for information on who the Vikings' are going to be taking in the NFL draft on Sunday, make sure to stop by the Ragnarok for player previews and other draft day discussions.